Open Letter in Defence of WikiLeaks’ Right to Publish
We believe that free societies everywhere are best served by journalism that holds governments and corporations to account. We assert that the right to publish is equal to, and the consequence of, the citizen’s right to know. While we believe in personal privacy and accept a need for confidentiality, we hold that disclosure in the public interest is paramount. Liberty, accountability and true democratic choice can only be guaranteed by rigorous scrutiny. We defend the right to publish the truth responsibly without obstruction and persecution by the state. The primary duty of journalists everywhere is to advance the cause of understanding, not to assist governments and powerful interests in suppressing information, and never to defer to ingrained habits of secrecy.
With these principles in mind, we declare our support for the publication of documents released through leaks. They have cast significant light on the behaviour of governments and corporations in the modern world. WikiLeaks has done the world great service. We strenuously denounce the threats of death and criminal prosecution of its director for publishing, together with many organisations throughout the world, information that is clearly in the public interest.
Those in authority routinely oppose such disclosure, as they have done since the struggle to publish the proceedings of the British Parliament over two hundred years ago right through to the release of the Pentagon Papers. We believe no democracy has ever been harmed by an increase in the public’s knowledge and understanding.Therefore, we, the undersigned, declare our unyielding support for the principles of journalistic inquiry and openness, and condemn the forces that threaten both.
Please select your language
SIGNED BYLisa Appignanesi
Edward MacMillan Scott
View Complete List »
SIGN THE LETTER
Open Letter Committee:
Anthony Barnett, Charles Glass, Tony Curzon Price, Roger Graef, Jemima Khan, Henry Porter, Pranvera Smith, Rachel Johnson, Elaine Potter, Vaughan Smith (chair).
RECENT WIKI POSTS
is not true that we use only 10% or Mozart’s music makes babies smarter. Its operation, however, it can improve thanks to video games. It allows us to perform complicated calculations or make decisions without thinking and requires less energy than a refrigerator light bulb. US neuroscientists Sandra Aamodt and Sam Wang unraveled in 50 curiosities fascinating secrets of 1.400 gram of staying in the skull of each of us.
1. Drink not destroy neurons. Excessive drinking for many years leads to brain size is reduced but, usually, is a reversible phenomenon. Red wine may even protect the brain, reducing the risk of stroke, provided the dose range between two glasses a week and up to three glasses per day maximum.
2. A strong blow to the head does not cure amnesia. As much as the film has been determined to convince us of the opposite. Nor is achieved with hypnosis or with the vision of an object much appreciated; as neurosurgery, it is more likely that, rather than remedy the loss of memory, the cause.
3. The left half is not “rational.” This region of the cerebral cortex is the one that produces the language and solve problems, but this does not mean it is “rational half.” The left brain needs logic and order, to the point that if something does not make sense, it is usual that the brain invents a plausible explanation.
4. The mood of them is no more variable than theirs. What happens is that both the formertend to better remember other changes in the mood of women, so that people who are asked to recall the degree of variability in your mood or your partner’s mood swings mentioned in them.
5. The brain is not a computer. As has evolved over millions of years through natural selection, has systems that came with a specific purpose and subsequently adapted for another, even though not They work perfectly. Therefore, it is not the work of an engineer.
6. The blind do not hear better. They do not enjoy better conditions than sighted people to identify sounds, although it is true that they have a better memory, especially for language. They are also more skilled in locating faint sounds. Both skills can help them better recognize everything around them.
7. Listening to Mozart does not make a baby smarter. This myth stems from research conducted among students in higher education which found that the activity produced a limited effect, which lasted only half an hour. However, learning to play a musical instrument is associated with an increased capacity for spatial reasoning.
8. Vaccines do not cause autism. In several countries, remove the component vaccines caused autism ensured that has had no effect on rates of autism diagnosis. Typically, autism is caused by heredity rather a multiplicity of defective genes.
9. The outer folds are not related to intelligence. The convolutions or reliefs are rather related to brain size, because thanks to this provision should be more brains in a smaller space.In the larger brains, bark also contains more white matter, the association fibers that connect distant regions of the brain.
10. It is true that we use only 10%. In the US, this statement first appeared in the writings of Dale CARNEIGE, an author of self – help books that was not scientific. CARNEIGE misquoted a passage psychologist William James, who actually had claimed that use just a fraction of the potential of the brain. And to increase the percentage of used brain, the idea is adding supplement IQ intelimax.
The 10% myth is the false belief about the most widespread brain, it appeals to our desire to improve. Some surveys have found that this is what I think most people in the US and Brazil. Today scientists know that the whole brain is necessary for normal functioning, as demonstrated by the consequences of strokes or brain damage. Even limited to a very small part of the brain damage can be detected by neurological symptoms.
11. Willpower increases when we achieve something. It’s like a muscle and can train. After carrying out a task that requires self -control, people no longer rushing a second task with the same degree of effort, even when other tasks and have nothing to do. This common reserves of willpower is strengthened with practice. Consequently, discipline increases willpower.
12. Physical exercise helps the brain in old age. It causes oxygen and glucose continue to flow as a person ages. Practice regularly improves brain function in older people, who may suffer problems of planning and abstract thinking because the frontal cortex declines with age.
13. It is able to tune sounds. It is difficult to use mobile phone in a noisy place. Taponarse the other ear with a finger is not successful. Instead, cover your device’s microphone to listen. This trick uses the brain ‘s ability to separate the signals that come from different places.
14. We can move through space like a browser. One of the most difficult work of the brain is what gets done without us realizing it.
It is relatively easy to make a computer apply logical rules and perform mathematical operations, but it is difficult to evaluate a visual image and move easily through space, as humans do automatically. For example, the human brain can distinguish objects visually and identify voices at a party, tasks that are challenging for a computer.
15. We react before thinking. Often we realize our response to an event only when we have already begun to react. For example, if you ask a group of ordinary people who react to a visual stimulus, they usually indicate environmental awareness have acquired second stimulus after starting to react. Thus, consciousness acts as a kind of interpreter that provides retrospective information on our actions.
16. Take shortcuts and wrong. The brain tends to quickly find an adequate response, rather than spend more time to find the perfect answer. This means that it takes shortcuts and gives many things for granted.
Answer the following problems as quickly as you can without doing the math: a racket and a ball cost 1.10 euros. The racket costs one euro more than the ball. How much does the ball? You may have said 0.10 euros, but the correct answer is 0.5 euros.
17. Eyewitnesses are unreliable. The brain gets rid of most of the information coming at you from the outside once it has verified that there is novel.
For that reason eyewitnesses are manifestly unreliable, partly because we all believe we see and remember more details than we can actually see and remember.
18. Do not always interpret the facts with logic. For most of the time, the brain interprets what we witnessed in accordance with general rules that are easy to apply but not always keep a logic. It requires a lot of effort applied throughout a slow and meticulous analysis, it is appropriate to perform mathematical calculations or solve puzzles.
19. The future is never seen realistically. When we think about how we will be in the future, our brains imagine unrealistic details and leave out others that may be important. Consequently, we are inclined equally to overlook both challenges and opportunities when we plan our lives.
20. Only consume the equivalent of two bananas. All energy consumption can be measured with the same unit power: watt. The brain uses only 12 watts, less than the bulb in your refrigerator, but it can do much more. Every day the brain uses the amount of energy contained two large bananas. Not a lot of power, but a large proportion of the energy budget of the entire body, which is about 70 watts.
21. There is a kind of clock. When we make long – haul flights to the east or west, this watch takes some time to get in time. Staying awake not put the clock, but the light does change your time. The light sets the internal clock according to the time that the brain calculates. Usually, when afternoon at the place of destination of a trip light time puts the brain clock correctly, regardless of who has traveled east or west. However, it is not good to travel too.
Crossing many time zones more than twice a month is hazardous to health, it can cause brain damage and memory problems, probably due to stress hormones.
22. Whenever we remember something, we erased and rewrote the memory. This allows, in the end, actually remember things that have never happened. That explains why different people often remember the same events differently.
23. Chronic stress causes memory loss. An emotional arousal increases the accumulation of important details in long – term memory. The stress activates a hormone secretion acting on the hippocampus and amygdala to enhance memory. Chronic stress, however, can damage the hippocampus and lead to permanent loss of memory.
24. It does not distinguish the taste of sugar. A laboratory mice Diet Coke do not taste sweet. The ingredient that sweetens (aspartame) acts by reacting with the taste buds of the tongue sensitive to sweetness, message received by the brain. But the papillae of mice react only sugar and saccharin, but not aspartame.
25. The spicy heat does not even make you sweat. The taste receptor that identifies Capsaicin, the chemical that makes food taste spicy, also detects high temperatures. This is the reason why the heavily spiced foods make you sweat. The nerve endings sensitive to capsaicin are spread throughout the body, as anyone can see simply touching your eyes with your fingers after a few chopped chillies.
26. Sneezing after an orgasm is a brain “failure.” Many men happens frequently. The reason is that brain ramifications are a much more winding tangle that can lead to strange cable crossovers produce different reflex movements. Another effect produced by the same: one in four people sneezes when looking at a bright light such as the sun.
27. No one can tickle yourself. The reason is that the brain itself predicts what each will feel in response to their own actions. You can use this ability of the brain to defend that tickled one: just put a hand on the hand of the other person while ago.
28. Babies disconnected neural connections that do not use. In general, discard those that are not used enough during the first two years of life. If the brain were a rosebush, the experiences of the outside world would be the technique to be used for pruning, no fertilizer.
29. Who suffers abuse during childhood is more vulnerable to stress. It has been discovered in experiments with rats (which could be transferred to humans) that good parenting makes adult less vulnerable to stress by reducing the intensity of responses your system of stress hormones. Bad parenting increases the risk of depression, anxiety, obesity, diabetes, hypertension and heart disease.
30. If a language is best learned in childhood. Young children recognize the sounds of all languages but from 2 years of age, their brains begin to find it difficult to distinguish sounds that are unusual in their mother tongue .
31. Teenagers are “equipped” to behave well. During adolescence, individuals seen in improved planning and organization of behavior, in inhibiting reactions in attention span, memory and the emotional self. It is probably because the connections in the prefrontal cortex, which are important in regulating behavior, continue to be developed through 20 years of age.
32. His aging makes us happier. As people age seen an improvement in overcoming negative thoughts and emotions control. This may explain why older people tend to be happier than younger people.
33. Video games improve brain function. Students of Higher Education who regularly play these types of games are able to record more objects in a short visual stimulus that they do not play. In addition, playing reprocess information faster, more objects recognize a stroke and can switch tasks more easily.
34. memorizes the agenda for the exam in one sitting. The brain retains information longer if breaks between successive courses of study are made. Two separate study sessions can facilitate assimilate twice knowledge that a single session of the same total duration.
35. If the neurons are renewed in adulthood. They were born in the olfactory bulb, which processes odors, and the hippocampus, which is important for memory. Learning exercise or improve survival of these neurons.
36. Select is not his forte. People tend to feel more satisfied with their decisions when they have few alternatives to choose from when they have many options. Having to make many comparisons can reduce the feeling of satisfaction that leads to regret not having chosen the alternatives that we have neglected.
37. heals moderate depression without pills. At the end of the day, can be written down three good things that have occurred and a brief statement of the circumstances that have led each of them. This exercise increases the feeling of happiness and reduces the symptoms of moderate depression within a few weeks.
38. Love is a drug. The regions of the brain that cause drug addiction also react to natural positive stimuli like love. These regions help animals to establish links with their peers-which may explain the reasons for their existence, despite the collateral damage that causes addiction.
39. orgasms make us more confident. Oxytocin, a hormone released during orgasm, increases trust among people in social relations. Persons who were given oxytocin spray nasally presented two times more likely to give money to someone else who did not receive the treatment, which suggests that experiencing orgasms can influence decision-making.
40. younger siblings are more likely to be gay. In fact, having an older brother is a known factor that can better predict homosexuality. The presence of a male fetus can cause pregnant women produce antibodies against certain molecules that determine sexual orientation. In subsequent pregnancies antibody could inhibit this molecule.
41. The brain betrays women in mathematics. In many countries the notion that girls are not very good at math. Girls have poorer performance on tests if before we do ask them to indicate their gender. However, they get a better result if before the exam hear a lecture on famous math or remind them they are good students.
42. Men and women space are oriented differently. Women are more dependent benchmarks to navigate, and many often give directions such as “turn left at the fountain and looking red house”.
Instead, the men identify the right direction from a mental map of space: “Go east one kilometer and then turn north.” However, women remember the location of objects more easily than men.
43. We are getting smarter. The mean scores on intelligence tests have increased from three to eight points per decade in the twentieth century in many industrialized countries. The fact is not due to evolution but to improve the living conditions of economically disadvantaged children.
44. Certain brain circuits have specialized in imitation. Such circuits may be important for identification or empathy feelings.Called ‘mirror neurons’ are activated when the animal performs an action such as, for example, firmly grab their food, or when it sees another animal perform the same action.
45. Some damage of strokes can be avoided. Symptoms of a stroke include sudden inability to move a limb, or speak, or even numbness of a considerable part of the body. Treatment of stroke can prevent long – term damage, but only if the patient comes to a hospital within a few hours.
46. mirages are not a legend. Visions as a result of a disorder can occur in brain functioning. Mountaineers report sometimes having seen his side peers who do not know, having observed a light emitted by themselves or by others or have been afraid suddenly, all of which can be derived from deprivation or insufficient oxygen in the temporal and parietal lobes of the cerebral cortex.
47. Many “possessed” were actually sick brain. In times practiced exorcisms people whose behavior was strange and inexplicable.Today it is known that many of these people had suffered neurological diseases such as epilepsy or schizophrenia.
48. After the amputation of a limb, patients can feel the presence of a “phantom limb”. The reason is that the brain has registered a map of the body and takes time to assimilate disappears representation of the lost limb.
49. Pain resides in the brain and can be controlled. The brain activity completely determines the sensation of pain and its intensity.Scientists are trying to use brain imaging and feedback techniques to teach people to turn on their own areas of the brain that control pain.
In one experiment it was possible that the brain of an expert in meditation inhibit their response to the prick of a needle on the cheek.This method could be used for chronic pain sufferers reduce the feeling of discomfort voluntarily activating the placebo effect.
50. Science works on getting the paralyzed move their limbs. Researchers are working on the design of prosthetic arms to help patients suffering almost total paralysis. Through a monitoring brain activity, researchers can deduce what the movement seeking toreproduce and use this information to guide an artificial arm
Some aspects of your policy of insurance of House – such as the rates and deductibles – are easy to find in your policy and understand. But some of the clauses are well buried within your policy declarations and exclusions pages. If you don’t read them can give you headaches if you ever have to file a claim.
Don’t wait until a disaster comes to find out what it covers and what your policy does not cover.
Deductible Insurance House misleading
If you have to file a claim, beware of tax loopholes that have to do with deductibles. Some house insurance agencies have different deductibles for each risk. Probably you know the price of your deductible for the common risks covered in your policy. But the homeowners insurance for areas with a high risk of (such as the Gulf Coast) hurricanes or tornadoes (such as the Midwest) areas normally have a deductible “special” separate and different if you want to make a claim for the damages caused by hurricanes or tornadoes.
“These separate deductibles are based on the value of the property of the insured,” says Robert Hunter, director of insurance for the Consumer Federation of America and former Commissioner of the Texas Department of insurance who is also familiar with establishing reductions for Florida property insurance rates. “Often they are about 5 percent of the value of the House.”
For example, if your home is valued at $200,000, your deductible “standard coverage” for “other risks” such as fire, theft and other losses may be between $500 and $1,000. But The orange county water damage declares that the deductibles on hurricanes and tornadoes can be $10,000. This is a big difference if you’re not prepared to pay for it.
For two types of deductible?
“Separate Hurricane deductibles are insurance policies to control the exposure of an insured to catastrophic losses, moderate the price of coverage and improve the availability of coverage,” said Bob Dean, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Agency’s insurance Dean & Draper in Houston, Texas.
The tale of two risks of insurance
According to Hunter, another tax loophole of especially egregious house insurance is “the anti-simultanea cause clause.” ” Which earned a nasty reputation after Hurricane Katrina.
According to this clause, if two events happen approximately at the same time (regardless of the order they occurred) and one is covered and the other is not, the claim will refuse him completely. So if your home is damaged by a windstorm (which is a hazard covered in a standard policy) but also damaged soon after by a flood – and don’t have flood – sure your insurance will not cover the damage done by the wind. “” Even though the fact that wind has removed the roof your home was what caused the flood.’ “he says Hunter.
Hunter States that another example is flooding and vandalism. “I looked on a claim where the Vandal got to the garden with swimming pool and poolside vandalism caused that the House will flood. As the owner did not have flood insurance, neither vandalism nor the flood damage will be covered,”he says.
Dean declares that “the anti-simultanea cause clause” is found in almost all home insurance policies.“There is the possibility that everyone has two emergency at the same time or one close to the other,” he adds.
If you wonder where you can find this clause in your home insurance policy, Dean suggests that you review the exclusions section.
This clause has brought with it a public outrage already thousands of claims has but denied partially or completely. However, what looks like an unfair wording is justified often. “In the past decisions of the Court is that the anti-simultanea cause clause is not ambiguous in its wording,” says Dean.
Limits of coverage
In addition to the clauses, Dean States that it also must be careful with the limits of coverage.
“Water damage normally covered under the homeowners insurance policy but that coverage often have caps or”limits of ‘according to the policy,’ “says.
A standard home insurance policy typically has exclusions of damages caused by water coming from flooding, water surface, waves and floods of water masses. Some insurance companies may also have limits for coverage of basements.
It is also normal that there are limits of coverage for jewelry, coins, firearms and antiques.
Another common tax escape from home insurance has to do with the coverage related to certain structures in your House or a shed.
Maybe the bees got into the facade of your House and built a hive that compromise the Foundation of your home. Perhaps the termites ate part of your House and let you that you will pay your “account of the restaurant.” Dean says that some insurance agencies may hold that since bees and termites have been around for centuries, they could have attacked your home before coverage becomes effective.
Read your policy for full – up to small letters – prior to purchase or renew your home insurance policy. Check with your agent any limit or exclusion of possible coverage to understand how you will respond if you submit a claim,”says Dean.
Warning: As you’ve probably guessed from the title, there are loads of spoilers in this post. Major ones from Season 5, and mild (possible) spoilers for the upcoming Season 6.
LONDON — It probably says something about just how much sex and violence is in Game of Thrones that of all the many, many script pages that could potentially have leaked online, the one that finally does ends up being fairly explicit.
SEE ALSO: ‘Game of Thrones’ star Maisie Williams just dropped a huge bombshell about Jon Snow’s fate
French actor Elie Haddad, who is reported to be joining the Game of Thrones cast in an unknown role for Season 6, posted a seemingly innocent photo (which he’s since deleted) on hisInstagram account with a coffee cup and an iPad on the table in front of him. Nothing very interesting about that, but a closer look reveals that the iPad is actually open on a page of what we assume is Haddad’s Game of Thrones Season 6 script.
a new #goT actor ellie haddad accidentally shared a picture on instagram [now deleted] you can see some details on Yesgram.com.
— andee olivares (@o3flasho3) November 5, 2015
Initially it looks as though the text is way too small to read, but the combination of some careful zooming and the motivation of a whole Internet’s worth of ravenously obsessed fans has quickly sorted that problem out. Game of Thrones community site Watchers on the Wall wasted no timeattempting to decipher the script, and with the help of some people in the comments it looks as though we may now have a few lines of dialogue.
The conversation appears to be between two Dothraki, and goes like this:
“I like her.”
“She’s paler than milk.”
“I bet she gets nice and pink when you pinch her.”
“I’d like to know what a Khaleesi tastes like.”
“Good. You can suck my dick.”
*Laughter all round*
So what’s going on?
Well judging by the word Khaleesi (which is one of the clearer ones that can be seen in the photo), it seems pretty obvious that they’re talking about Daenerys. And that would make sense, wouldn’t it? At the end of Game of Thrones Season 5 (and the most recent book), Daenerys is surrounded by Dothraki after she flees Meereen on the back of Drogon.
From the leaked page of the script, we can therefore make a couple of assumptions: (1) that Khaleesi is taken captive by the Dothraki that find her, and (2) that the Dothraki in question probably don’t have her best interests at heart.
One commenter also pointed out the name Missandei in the third paragraph from the top, in what looks like the stage directions. It’s really, really hard to make out, but it looks as though it reads “Having d________ Missandei” — disguised? discussed? — which could imply that Daenerys’ loyal friend is also present during the scene. Possibly attempting some sort of rescue?
Maybe, maybe not. We’re well aware we’re clutching at straws now, but in the yawning gulf between Game of Thrones seasons (and the even bigger gulf between books), how else are we supposed to fill our time?
Maybe they’re all in on it together and they drop these hints on purpose every now and then, just to keep us guessing.
Yeah, that’s probably it.
Confidentiality agreements of key employees, such as the financial sector, are intended to prevent data leaks and facilitate legal claims when controls fail.
Some accountants and auditors are worth more so silent that at that count. Therefore, where appropriate, the ability to remain silent is a well especially quoted by the companies that hire them.And to ensure its discretion, they make them sign confidentiality agreements, to skip them, facilitate claims through the courts.
Employees who do disclose accounting information of your company can lose their job. The question is whether the accounting data are considered trade secrets and revealing them if the employee incurs unlawful conduct. Article 54.2.d of the Workers’ Statute allows the employer to dismiss an employee in the event of breach of contractual good faith and breach of trust, and in this section could frame a behavior as the violation of accounting secrets.
In addition, the worker, on charges such as auditor or accountant must maintain silence for legal mandate 5th article of the regulation, according to which the employee has a basic duty to comply with the specific obligations of of course, in accordance with the rules of good faith and diligence.
A judgment of the Superior Court of Galicia last November 23 mentions these articles of the Statute of Workers in a case in which good taken for the dismissal of a worker forwarded two personal email addresses and a total BCC 196 emails with confidential company information.
– Although the criminal law does not regulate the crime of violating the secrecy of accounting, it is indirectly punished for offenses linked within the market and consumers and the discovery and disclosure of secrets.
– Article 200 of the bookkeeper brisbane to discover, disclose or transfer data reserved for legal persons, without consent. Penalties may be one to four years in prison in addition to fines and professional disqualification.
– People who take over data or documents in order to discover a secret company, the penalty will be applied between two and four years in prison in addition to the fine, according to Article 278 of the Penal Code .
– The dissemination, disclosure or transfer of a company secret held by a person having legal or contractual obligation to maintain confidentiality is punishable by imprisonment of two to four years, but it is worth their advantage is reduced.
– If the reason for secrecy has an unlawful purpose, either from a criminal point of view or from the administration, it does not have to be protected and its disclosure by a worker should not have to incur any punishment.
Specifically, in this case it was confidential and sensitive information not only about the company but also the contents of privacy of other workers, such as medical certificates or its working parts and the quadrant staff holidays. the situation is also that the employee had signed confidentiality clauses with the company.
Dismissal, which was first declared void by the court instance, has received the approval of the high Galician court precisely on the grounds that the employee’s conduct, which had already accumulated various sanctions, “is contrary to those basic rules of loyalty and honesty, with a clear breach of trust in the performance of work “. According to the judgment says, this behavior implies a serious and willful breach of contract deserving the ultimate sanction of dismissal, as provided for in Article 54.2.d of the Workers’ Statute.
Cases like this occur relatively frequently in business, but the problem is to determine what constitutes trade secrets and whether the accounting information included in them. Under this concept not only are the purely industrial or technical secrets, but also commercial data, intellectual capital of the economic and financial, says Professor Miguel Angel Villacorta, in an article Accounting Review.
In principle, a secret company information is confidential when there will be locked away by the owner and has value for a rival.To receive this qualification, the information disclosed must have sufficient entity to harm the competitiveness of the company.
As for who should keep the secret, according to Villacorta, it is best to consider all the subjects who have an employment relationship with the company, among which are included the accounting and management of this department.
Concerning the time that the worker must respect the confidentiality of information, the doctrine contradicts the courts.On the one hand, some argue that sentencing is only required to remain silent while working for the company positions as manager, employee or worker, while other failures are insufficient to limit the period of employment.
The question here is what happens if an employee decides to leave the job voluntarily to reveal secrets.Villacorta said that in these cases is expected to appreciate the importance and significance of secrecy and the need to strengthen the position of the courts when a worker extinguish their employment precisely to deal with confidential information.
Often, workers who carry confidential information of the company do so with the intention of giving it to competition or create your own business making use of that data. These situations come directly in the field of unfair competition. Legislation in this area considered unfair ‘disclosure or exploitation, without authorization from the owner, trade secret or any other kind of business secrets to which they have gained legitimate access, but with reserve duty, or unlawfully. ”
Corporate history is littered with examples of problems of use of confidential information. One of the most notorious cases in Spain occurred in the early nineties, when the executive Jose Ignacio Lopez de Arriortúa was accused by General Motors, years after being signed by Volkswagen, to seize illegally of company documents and reveal secrets the German firm. After years of lawsuits and litigation groups they signed an agreement in 1997 that VW would pay 100 million dollars (77 million euros) to buy GM and 1,000 parts per million.
Employees who become accomplices for not denouncing
Loyalty to the company of a worker may falter for many reasons, but the situation becomes particularly sensitive when the employee is aware that it is your boss who, for example, is responsible for a crime accountant. When such conflicts exist, the law is clear and the duty to report a crime prevails over any type of confidentiality clause that an employee is forced to sign.
Otherwise, you can see implicated complicity default and can even end it is shown that the accused was aware that there was a criminal practice and could have stopped or avoided had spoken before. There are some exceptions that do not require priority duty to report, according to Bernardo del Rosal, Professor of Criminal Law and counsel of the Litigation and Arbitration department of Clifford Chance.
For example, it is unclear what happens when a crime in releasing the employee is autoinculpando that has actively engaged in the conduct. In nonviolent property crime, there is no obligation to reveal when it comes to a family. As for the next steps, Bernardo del Rosal explained that it is normal to go to the Director of Regulatory Compliance, an increasingly popular figure but still have not implemented most of the companies.
You can also use the confidential reporting channels that have established many companies as an ethical line following the changes to the Criminal Code and to recognize the responsibility of companies by employees crimes committed in its name. In the absence of these channels or there are suspicions that the company will not cease its practice and will be achieved only dismissal, the best option is to go to the police, a police court or the prosecution, said the expert of Clifford Chance.
We must reckon with the possibility that the investigation concluded that no crime. Legally, there is no problem as long as until terminated falsely enough to have a prima facie suspicion and to go to the authorities. But that will not stop firing, at least it is considered inappropriate because the employee has acted as an informer by law.
Before getting pregnant … You were hoping to get pregnant? You said you’d be glowing? Have you believed that vision that gynecologist would make you an angelic rounded silhouette eager to be home and a lot of half-baked muffins?
I hope you agree with me that soon you realize that this is a lie.
The other day I posed a simple question to the girls in the group BLUNTmoms : something happened that you did not expect? And the question was followed by an impressive string of talks in Facebook (you vomited with rage) about unpleasant, amazing, repulsive and rare symptoms that no one told us that would occur during pregnancy, childbirth and even after (there enough content to write almost a book).
Why did not anyone tell us? The only thing I can think is that people try to keep us in ignorance because he known, would never let a guy approached us less than a kilometer. And mankind would become extinct. However, once we do, we discover that the miracle of creating life has some dirty little secrets, but that’s life and it’s great … even when it is not (obviously, because many come back to do it again and again despite being prevented).
Motherhood is a joy, but sometimes it’s cover mucous, sweat and poop. And accompanied by a lot of touching strangers, assuming you do not like …
I could only do one thing: to organize the list of “Things they did not tell you to wait in a state of good hope” … and ask you the other: Is it wrong? And, most importantly: Have we forgotten something?
1. acne worse and more painful than you’ve ever had
The teen years have nothing to do with cystic acne can develop. In the neck. Behind the ears. Cheeks. Even in the back and chest. Or this, or a silky skin throughout pregnancy, which will endure until you give birth, and there it will fill you with blisters like you’ve got your head in a hornet’s nest. What’s wrong, hormones? Give us a break.
2. Your nose is your enemy
Do you bleed? ¿Moqueas? All right. Have you purchased a full load of Kleenex? Do not? Well, I plantéatelo. You may find that your nose acquires superpowers. You will be able to identify what they are eating the other by the smell of urine, which may create marital conflicts when you realize that your dear husband has gobbled delight which you try to abstain. You become obsessed thinking you smell bad. You may have to avoid certain foods throughout pregnancy, because it will give disgusting smell. For real. For no apparent reason. It may just be chicken. Or cooked broccoli.
3. discomfort and nausea all day p —-
Sometimes it does not happen. But it may happen to suffer nine months of vomiting.Even they may hospitalize dehydration. Oh, these muffins … .Ojalá surcease nausea in the mornings. But no.
4. You have the exhausted body
An unexplained clumsiness; a heartbreaking sciatica; Back pain; headache;Heartburn (up to convince you that you have the child’s hair in the throat); twinges in English; feeling of having a cannon in the perineum; constant cramps in the foot; die every time you take a hot shower …. All this and much more. Looking for a chiropractor. And a shower stool, those who use older people.
5. You twists his mouth
You do not snore? Well now. You snore so loud that you wake yourself, probably with an open mouth and a sticky slime on the pillow and hair. Speaking of drooling: you’ll do at any time, anywhere. You may salives eating like a rabid dog. And all you feel bad. Rare. A metal little.
6. You become a sweaty, hairy beast
Your body responds to hormones like if you were to become a Teen Wolf. You will sweat all the time, and probably let the form of sweat soaked body on the mattress to reach the 40th week. They will darken and harden nipples. You will hair. Apropos.Everywhere. Pubic hair you go down her thighs, and even leave the nipples. And the nose. Than?
7. Mam-sia and other general types of dementia
You weep with ads. You will provoke international incidents following the opening time of McDonald’s. You will be convinced that everyone is stupid. You spend months with an irrational anger and wanting to stick punching people in the face. You will become dumb, unable to spell your name or to complete a sentence. You’ll forget what you were going to do, you will open the refrigerator without remember the reason you lose your car keys 12 times a day. You’ll be paranoid thinking that the baby can suffocate if you sleep on your back. O to develop an attention deficit hyperactivity disorder if you take half cup of tea.
8. Go to the bathroom is your worst nightmare
You’ll have to go pee every time you get up (whenever you feel, do you turn or answer the phone), roughly every 15 minutes. Can you escape the pee unintentionally. And best not to poop … so prenatal vitamin, you’ll be so constipated that believe die.
Every trip to the bathroom is like a small preparatory script delivery, along with the hub, grunts and strength to push. Hemorrhoids are also common. Itch and bleed.You will come to reintroduce the form -of year discretely at each visit to the bathroom when you take the last prenatal vitamin pill.
9. Total freedom for farting
You do not have in mind, princesses. In the fifth or sixth month, you start to become a gaseous and clumsy rhinoceros. You will pull farts. Walking, she will accompany a symphony of trumpets. Your husband will look for some type of diaper to protect against massive collateral damage from your bombs. The gases will be so painful that will make you believe that beat you birth. Touch you sneak surreptitiously to find a hiding place and apañártelas for metering noise. At least with the pads, diarrhea is not a problem. Peeeero as already imaginas-, if it occurs, will smell worse than ever.
What mix of interesting experiences about pregnancy !, right? And you, do you have any that we have forgotten?
With information from Stefan Amraly – Representative of the Global Agreement Superior Energy Performance (GSEP for its acronym in English), industrial plants and commercial buildings consume 30% and 9% of the total energy of their business respectively.
Making changes in the management of energy, these facilities can achieve significant gains in energy efficiency achieving savings of 10% to 40% in energy consumption.
Much has been made of the double challenge of organizations carrying out environmentally friendly practices at the same time not compromise the interests of business, which makes sustainability practices for the industry are committed to most cases. The implementation of energy efficiency systems causes two direct actions that achieve positive break this dispute: first, directly reduces costs by decreasing energy consumption and second, that the company achieved its environmental impact decreases.
According to international standards, the task of minimizing energy consumption without affecting their business productivity, can be optimized by implementing an Energy Management System. This process seeks first to have information of energy consumption, observing equipment and production activities or services to meet the particular energy costs. It also requires the development of a management system with clear targets to reduce consumption over a period of time determined by the development of energy efficiency projects.
It generates an Energy Management System in your company.
Changes that do not require major expenses such as educating staff in electrical losconsumos nature and impact of “small” actions like unplugging teams at the end of the day impacting up to 8% in energy savings. Other actions that require technical changes to make more investment (such as replacement of pumping equipment, refrigeration or specialized equipment) cover its investment return periods between 5 and 7 years depending on the nature of the equipment and industry. These actions are part of System Energy Management we seek to promote in Mexican industry.
From the energy assessment of a company you can develop actions that will result in projects that will reduce energy consumption. Other techniques actions permitting reducing power consumption through a management system, are:
- Optimize energy processes
- Recover residual heat
- Use natural ventilation
- Use air conditioning installations or thermal conditioning
- Improve the management of transport fleets, noting fuel types and qualities and driving carpool programs and optimize transport processes
- Improve facilities and artificial electric lighting in general
All interested in the implementation of an Energy Management System is suggested organization is based on the ISO 50001, since this international voluntary regulations made under the SystemsManagement, has a specific chapter on the energy consumed in the process . For a certification that rule, the applicant must meet several stages starting with the determination of the baseline, continues with the design and implementation of the management system to further develop internal audits and certification with reputable companies to provide this type service that will accommodate the certificate ISO 50001. In addition, the renewal of this certification is made after three years in accordance with the statutes of that rule.
TÜV Rheinland supports business and industry both in the development of diagnostics Energy as the development and implementation of Systems Energy Management. Likewise, and only in cases where we have not developed the SGE, we act as home for the ISO 50001 certification.
By implementing a Management System Energy certified as energy efficient, companies are reflected in its operating profits ranging from implementing continuous improvement processes, meet the overall picture of the energy sources used and their proportion, reduce gas emissions greenhouse gas (GHG), perform systematic and defined processes optimization, ensure compliance with its energy policy, improve their corporate image and reduce costs in energy consumption and achieve savings with a good return on investment (ROI).
Follow your carbon footprint
Projections of Global Humanitarian Forum highlight that 2030, climate change will affect 600 million people, will be responsible for at least 500,000 deaths annually and shall involve an economic cost of $ 300 billion dollars.
Other business concerns included in the environmental and Corporate Social Responsibility policies, is the carbon footprint. The carbon footprint of either a product or corporate activities, is an indicator that measures environmental impact of all greenhouse gases that occur along the supply chain of an organization or an activity.
The process of calculating carbon footprint is the basis for certification of an organization as a Company in Carbon Neutral, supported by the ISO 14064 standard and allows a company to analyze its various sources of emissions and participate in international initiatives to reduce pollutants in a global context.
This certification gives companies the advantages how to reduce operating costs, identify cost-effective opportunities to reduce emissions, providing added value to their customers and have greater transparency in its processes in a real sustainability activities.
Certainly, beyond the double challenge of minimizing energy consumption without affecting business productivity, it highlights the problem of climate change can be solved, largely with international standards on the subject.
All instances of piracy begins with a screening physical original or legal copy of a film, which is then uploaded to the Internet. Sometimes a user has in his hands an advanced edition of a highly anticipated film and released online for the enjoyment of anyone wanting to see a fuzzy movie on a small screen, and in the case of these six films screened on the internet before being released. Click Here to see more.
No. 6 American Gangster
One would think that projects most popular properties as well as superheroes or franchises, are the first to appear on the Internet. However, this film Ridley Scott appeared a week before … with the stamp of “copy for competition at the Academy Awards.” Yes, he was a member of the Academy who leaked the film
No. 5 Fifty Shades of Grey
Click here to download Fifty Shades of grey pdf.
# 4 Hostel Part II
It is obvious that a sequel, and more influential films of terror, is the target of fans who want to see it before anyone else. Therefore, it is no surprise that a copy to which only lacked some special effects would make very popular online, weeks before the official release.
# 3 Halloween
Speaking of terror, this reboot directed by Rob Zombie also appeared surprised weeks earlier, in this case the hand of a DVD containing a trial version. The worst thing about this version is that time had been rejected before, and the film to be released was radically different. The fans then migrated to theaters to see how improved the new version.
# 2 X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Although today nobody wants much to this prequel, this reputation was won months before its release, because a copy without many special effects appeared online eight weeks before launch. To the misfortune of the film, the lack of spectacular CGI widely showed the problems of script and performance of the project.
No. 1 The Expendables 3
So macho they are the stars of this franchise, and yet they could not stop the leak of a pristine copy of the third film. He appeared three weeks before the premiere, so it quickly scattered them around the world, with subtitles and all, until the final bill came to the big screen. Have you seen all three parts of this movie? If you haven’t, you can find them all on putlocker
What movie has been known leaked online before the release? Did you see any of these?
The Open Letter in Defence of WikiLeaks Right to Publish is a not for profit campaign. To help us meet the costs of continuing to generate publicity, please make a donation via the link opposite.